The 7 Day Film Sprint has begun.
Films are due by 7:00 PM on Monday April 9th.
Upload your finished film here. Alternatively, you may bring the digital file of your film to NCTV on April 9th between 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM. DVDs will not be accepted.
The Sprintys screening party will be Tuesday, April 10th at 7:00 PM at The Parlor Room, 32 Masonic Street in Northampton. We’ll award the top 3 films based on creativity and following of guidelines. It’s a BYOB venue. Bring your whole cast & crew.
If you need to borrow gear from NCTV and have not been through our classes, please let us know what you need to borrow and if you need a training. Gear (including editing stations) are first-come, first-served.
If you’d like to connect with area filmmakers/crew, feel free to join Pioneer Valley Crew Calls group on Facebook
Our social media tag is #filmsprint
Content and Technical Details
- Films must be between 1-5 minutes in length, including credits and opening title. All films must stick to the genre assigned, and include the line of dialog and the prop specified at the kick-off.
- Content must be at most PG-13. Northampton Community Television will have final say regarding appropriateness and acceptability of a film.
- Do not use any copyrighted music, images, or audio in this film. There are many copyright-free resources available online. See northamptontv.org/resources.
- Recommended export settings are 1920 x 1080. Please submit commonly used formats. .Mp4 is preferred. Feel free to consult with us if you’re not sure about file formats.
- NCTV will review films to make sure that they conform to the guidelines and that there are no technical problems. If your video file does not work in any way you will be contacted.
- Submit your film at here by 7:00 PM on April 9th, 2018.
- Additionally, you can bring a hard drive with the video file to NCTV between 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM on April 9th, 2017. DVDs will not be accepted.
Northampton Community Television Gear
NCTV offers free video equipment rentals to our members. You can easily sign up for membership, with no financial barrier, here.
- If you utilize NCTV equipment to produce your film, the end credits must include the text “Produced Utilizing Community Media at Northampton Community Television.”
- Gear is first come, first served, including our edit stations and studio space.
- If you are new to NCTV, you must be trained on equipment before you can borrow it. You will need to schedule a training with an NCTV staff member.
We encourage you to use #FilmSprint on social media.
Contact us at 413-587-3550 or email Jenn at email@example.com
Below is a playlist with all of the 2017 films. Click the playlist icon in the top left corner to see all the films.